Markham Stouffville Urgent Care Centre General Practice Policy & Guidelines For Care
- Our commitment to you, the patient, is to provide outstanding Quality, Effective and Professional Medical Assistance.
- Please know that the wait times at our clinic vary depending on the number of patients ahead of yourself and their own medical concerns. We will provide this service in a timely and efficient manner to the best of our ability. Unfortunately we cannot control the time you may have to wait; please know our goal is to have you seen by the physician as quickly as possible.
- We will normally stop accepting patients 30 minutes prior to the posted closing. Please be advised that the staff and physician(s) reserve the right to stop accepting patients at any time due to excessive patient volumes or unforeseen emergencies. Patients are advised to go to the nearest walk-in facility or hospital ER in such an event. Our clinic will re-open for the next scheduled shift and we will be more than happy to be of assistance to you at that time.
- For residents of Ontario, a valid OHIP Card is required at all times and must be presented at every visit. If you do not have a valid OHIP card, you will be charged a fee of $50.00 for each medical visit per person. We will gladly refund this fee only if both a valid OHIP card and receipt for the paid visit is presented in person within 90 days of the visit date.
- For residents of provinces other than Ontario (and excluding Quebec), a valid provincial health care must be presented at every visit. If you do not have a valid provincial health care, you will be charged a fee of $50.00 for each medical visit per person. This fee is considered non-refundable, as it is your responsibility to ensure your provincial health card is valid when travelling to other provinces and territories within the country. For residents of the province of Quebec, a fee of $50.00 will be charged for each medical visit per person irrespective of whether or not a valid provincial health card is presented. This policy exists based on the province of Quebec’s strict guidelines pertaining to reimbursement of out-of-province medical visits for its residents. For out-of-country residents, a non-refundable fee of $100.00 will be charged for each medical visit per person.
- This clinic is strictly for walk-in patients and is not a family practice office. Therefore, we have the right to defer any medical treatment/prescriptions or completion of medical forms that pertain to ongoing/complicated medical management. We also do not provide full general physical examinations (unless required for third party requests, e.g. licenses, employment physicals, etc.). Please visit your family doctor for these issues. If you do not have one, please contact the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario (416-967-2626) to obtain a list of family doctors in your area.
- There are a number of services that MSUCC physicians are asked to perform that are NOT covered by OHIP. Examples of such services include completion of Off-Work/Off—School notes, Insurance Forms. Third Party Physicals, Travel Advice, etc. Patients will be charged accordingly for the provision of such services and will be notified of the cost of the service prior to completion/delivery of the service. Standard Ontario Medical Association rates will be appropriated for such services. For more information about uninsured services and their associated costs, please contact the clinic.
- Narcotic medications are NOT kept on our premises and our doctors will not offer prescription renewals for narcotics, sedative-hypnotics or stimulants to ANY walk-in patient. Such medications may include but are not limited to the following: Oxycontin, Percocet, Percodan, Tylenol 2 and 3, Benzodiazpines, Ritalin, and Adderall.
Test results cannot be communicated over the phone or in-person by our staff. If you wish to review your laboratory results, you MUST be seen by the doctor. This policy is set for your own protection. If a physician has asked a staff member to contact you in reference to specific test results, the staff member is legally bound only to advise what the doctor has authorized them to communicate.
- Markham Stouffville Urgent Care Centre expects that patients will treat all clinic staff with the same consideration and respect as any individual patient would expect to receive. Your health is as important to us as it is to you. Please remember that the staff and physicians are individuals and are not to be verbally abused for any reason. If a circumstance arises and it is felt that the patient is being rude, belligerent or exhibits any aggressive or threatening behaviour towards our staff, we reserve the right to decline care and advise you to seek care at another medical facility; you will be asked to leave this facility immediately.
If you have any questions or would like to comment please contact our Office Manager at 905-472-8911.